ERA 1530-35-1 British Standard Keyless Egress Nightlatch - 40mm Satin Chrome
The conflict between a secure British Standard accredited front door lock and fire safety recommendations has now been overcome thanks to the new Keyless Egress Range.
The new BS 8621:2004 standard mirrors the BS 3621:2004 but is for ‘escape’ locks. The locks are classified as providing keyless egress at all times. This applies where there is a requirement for an easy action method of opening an external door from the inside with no need for keys or similar devices for unlocking - specially relevant for entrance doors in multi-residential and other buildings. A keyless lever on the inside of the door ensures it is possible to make an emergency escape in the event of a fire.
- Bolt hold back facility on the lock body of the lock
- Provides keyless egress at all times
- No keys required on the inside
- Especially relevant for entrance doors in multi-residential and other buildings
- Ensures an easy exit in the event of a fire
- Supplied with 3 keys
Malcolm Smith | Derby | March 2019
Function:BS Double Locking